By joining RISE (Research Innovation Sussex Excellence) you agree to:
- Your company data (e.g. name and contact details) being held on the RISE CRM system and the wider University of Brighton CRM system.
- Your overview company details being listed via the online RISE Member Database. Your name will also be listed under this Directory. If you do not want your details to be listed please let us know by emailing RISE@brighton.ac.uk
- Take part in the RISE monitoring and evaluation process, in order to capture achievements and impact its work has on the business and the economy. This may involve a short online business surveys after a specific piece of support and an end of project evaluation survey. You may also be asked to participate in a short interview as part of the end of project evaluation survey. Business survey data is a requirement of our funder and businesses that do not take part will not be eligible for our support. Recipients of specific support may be invoiced for any free or subsidised support received should they not complete a feedback survey when requested.
- Participate in the preparation of case studies about your involvement with RISE.
- Any reliance which may be placed by you on advice, information or materials provided to you as a member of RISE network by the universities or employees, agents, advisers or appointees will be made at your own risk. Neither the universities, nor any employees, agents, advisers nor appointees accept responsibility whatsoever for any use which may be made of such advice, information or materials.
We agree to:
- Not share your data with third parties outside the RISE university partnership without your prior permission. We hold this data to ensure we: meet our funders’ contractual requirements; can contact you with regards to business and innovation support we offer; ask you for feedback on our support to help measure the impact of RISE and improve our support.
- As a member of the RISE network, you will receive newsletters and opportunities via direct emails. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
- Advise you that funding and support drawn down via university partners of the RISE network may be subject to State Aid regulation. Under articles 28 of the General Block exemption Regulation (EU) No.651/2014 there is a ceiling of €200,000 for all State aid provided to any one business within any 3-year period. If RISE provides you with support we will contact you with further information about State Aid. More information can be found on the UK Government website.
- Advise you that if your company is planning to apply for research and development tax credits you should seek professional tax advice as to how state aid may impact upon any such claim.
- Cancel your membership of the RISE network at any time. Let us know by emailing RISE@brighton.ac.uk Companies that go out of business or cancel their membership, will be marked as “withdrawn from membership” on the RISE CRM and you will not be contacted. However, your company data will still be included in our funder’s KPI statistics until December 2023 and for auditing purposes.