This workshop explores how communities and businesses collaborate in the co-creation and co-production of healthcare products and services. Using examples from recent and current research projects the session will explore how health innovation can be driven by, in and for the communities they serve.
This workshop is part of our Horizons programme which is a series of inspiring, thematic and sector specific workshops, created to share cutting-edge research and insights to help develop innovative approaches that will enable you to build resilience to national and global challenges within your business.
About this workshop
Targeted to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in West Sussex and Brighton and Hove, this online masterclass will focus on the ways in which communities and businesses can collaborate with universities in the co-creation and co-production of healthcare products and services.
Experts from the universities of Brighton and Sussex will share their insights, experiences as well as the tools and resources required to successfully collaborate on projects.
This masterclass will cover:
- A brief overview of the current healthcare landscape in West Sussex, highlighting key challenges facing SMEs in the region
- A look at what we mean by Open Innovation and co-creation
- An exploration of the benefits and challenges of co-created healthcare collaborations
- Case studies – examples of successful collaborations between businesses and communities in the healthcare sector, including two collaborative projects, the Spices project and Brighton and Hove Digital Health Living Lab, as well as recent work with Kraydel – Konnect exploring how health innovation can and should be, driven by, in and for the communities they serve.
- Practical strategies and tools that can enable effective partnerships with communities and businesses to create, and co-create innovative healthcare solutions.
- Opportunity to participate in interactive group discussions
This workshop is free to attend and forms part of a series of workshops and masterclasses within our Horizons programmes. Eligibility and attendance to workshops is at the discretion of the RISE project team and businesses will need to register to be a member of RISE.
For further information about the programme visit our programme page.
This event is valued at £80 of State Aid support. State aid information is detailed in our T&Cs.
Date and Time:
Jan 26, 2023