Social media marketing strategy masterclass PLUS action learning and networking:
Join us for an extra special RISE & Shine Innovators Club this month opening with a fantastic Horizons masterclass which will lead into our regular infusion of idea sharing, problem solving, collaboration and best practice, which this time will be focused on marketing!
This month, an interactive marketing masterclass is designed to inspire and upskill you on how to reach out via social media platforms to tell unique stories about your business. This will be followed by action learning to trouble shoot your marketing challenges, and an optional networking lunch!
Arrive between 9.30am-10.00am for a refreshment in time to join the masterclass
- 10.00am – 12.00pm – Masterclass led by Emma Collins, University of Brighton
- 12.00pm -1.00pm – Marketing focused action learning session led by RISE Team – A peer to peer facilitated support session on key innovation project challenges to move your project forward [Offer/Opportunity/Capability] – in the spirit of helping not pitching
- 1.00pm -2.00pm – Networking lunch
Masterclass: How to generate more customer engagement through innovative phone use for social media marketing
The power of your phone is undeniable. With the right apps and some photographic knowledge, your device can revolutionise your business and change how your customers perceive you. Although social media is abundant, you can still capture your audience’s attention by sharing meaningful, authentic stories that reflect the heart of your business. Our expert Emma Collins, a renowned Instagram influencer and content creator for organizations of all sizes, will lead this masterclass.
During the session, you will discover how to use technology and phone apps to reach existing and new customers. Emma will explain how social media platforms work and analyse the demographics of users on each platform, helping you understand why and how they engage with content. By exploring impactful content and identifying the techniques used to make it successful, you will learn how to tell stories through photography that connect with your audience.
The masterclass aims to empower you to create quality content that resonates with your customers, elevating your brand and business.
Overall, this masterclass will provide you with valuable insights into utilising your phone’s potential to enhance your business’s marketing strategy. By learning how to tell compelling stories that connect with your audience, you will be able to create content that captures their attention and drives engagement.
Masterclass learning outcomes:
- To learn about the range of social media platforms available as phone apps, how they work and what makes engaging content.
- To identify the best platforms to utilise for you and your business.
- To appreciate the value of storying telling in a marketing context and create your own story telling ideas for your business.
- To understand different techniques used in visual storytelling on social media for marketing purposes and experiment with improving your photographic skills to create and enhance your content.
This session is suitable for business owners and those in managerial positions with both an interest in, and responsibility for marketing, attracting and retaining customers
Emma Collins — The University of Brighton Emma Friedlander-Collins is a lecturer at University of Brighton with a specialism in Visual Promotion. She is an Instagram influencer and as been a consultant and content creator for big organisations and small start ups. She is currently undertaking a PhD in how content creation and social media communities can have a positive impact on the world.
This workshop session is FREE to attend but it is valued at £160 of State Aid support. State aid information is detailed in our T&Cs.
Date and Time:
Mar 29, 2023