ChatGPT and AI masterclass PLUS action learning and networking:
Join us for an extra special RISE & Shine Innovators Club this month opening with a fantastic Horizons masterclass which will lead into our regular infusion of idea sharing, problem solving, collaboration and best practice, which this time will be focused on ChatGPT!
This month, will include an interactive masterclass covering the much talked about ChatGPT and (the somewhat scary) power of AI, which may inspire and possibly unnerve some of you on its capabilities.
The RISE team asked ChatGPT this question:
Why should an SME embrace ChatGPT? [it provided this answer in 2 seconds]
There are several reasons why an SME (Small and Medium-sized Enterprise) should embrace ChatGPT:
- Cost-Effective: ChatGPT can be a cost-effective way for SMEs to handle customer support, marketing, and content generation. Instead of hiring a large team of employees, an SME can use ChatGPT to handle these tasks more efficiently and cost-effectively.
- 24/7 Availability: ChatGPT can be available 24/7, which is especially beneficial for SMEs that do not have the resources to offer round-the-clock customer support. This can help businesses respond to customer inquiries more quickly, leading to higher customer satisfaction and retention.
- Efficiency: ChatGPT can handle repetitive tasks, such as responding to frequently asked questions, which frees up employees to focus on more complex tasks that require human expertise.
- Scalability: ChatGPT can help an SME scale its operations without needing to hire more employees. As the business grows, ChatGPT can handle more customer inquiries and generate more content, allowing the business to expand without significant additional costs.
- Competitive Advantage: By embracing ChatGPT, SMEs can gain a competitive advantage over other businesses in their industry. They can offer more efficient and effective customer support, generate content more quickly, and be available to customers 24/7, all of which can lead to higher customer satisfaction and loyalty.
In summary, ChatGPT can offer many benefits to SMEs, including cost-effectiveness, 24/7 availability, efficiency, scalability, and a competitive advantage. By embracing ChatGPT, SMEs can improve their operations, save money, and grow their businesses more effectively.
But feel somewhat reassured that as an AI language model, ChatGPT is a tool that can be useful for small businesses in a number of ways, such as providing customer support, generating content ideas, or even assisting with some aspects of marketing and advertising. We will discuss that arguably currently it does not have the same level of understanding and decision-making abilities as a human being or will be a replacement for human interaction and expertise, and it should not be relied on exclusively for important business decisions.
It is designed to assist and provide value to businesses, not to harm them in any way – we will debate this! However, it is important to understand the limitations of ChatGPT and to use it appropriately.
Join us to discuss if we feel the tool will be helpful and support and enhance your operations or if you feel it is the end for some of your services!
This will be followed by action learning to trouble shoot your marketing challenges, and an optional networking lunch!
Arrive between 9.30am-10.00am for a refreshment in time to join the masterclass
- 10.00am – 12.00pm – Masterclass led by Paul Levy, University of Brighton
- 12.00pm -1.00pm – A ChatGPT focused action learning session led by RISE Team – A peer to peer facilitated support session on key innovation project challenges to move your project forward [Offer/Opportunity/Capability] – in the spirit of helping not pitching
- 1.00pm -2.00pm – Networking lunch
Delivered by the University of Brighton’s School of Business and Law’s innovation expert Paul Levy and guest experts we will how ChatGPT can be used by SMEs, the benefits and limitations of using it, and practical knowledge for implementing and measuring its success in their own businesses.
This session is suitable for business owners and those in managerial positions with both an interest in, and responsibility for marketing, operations or general business management and innovation.
The short Masterclass outcomes:
- Understand what ChatGPT is and how it can be used by SMEs to improve their operations.
- Learn about the benefits of using ChatGPT, including cost-effectiveness, 24/7 availability, efficiency, scalability, and a competitive advantage.
- Uunderstand the limitations of ChatGPT and learn when and how to use it appropriately in conjunction with human expertise.
- Learn how to set up and integrate ChatGPT into their existing systems
- Learn about potential challenges and pitfalls of using ChatGPT, such as bias and inappropriate responses, and how to mitigate these issues.
- Brainstorm potential use cases for ChatGPT in their own businesses and come up with a plan for implementing it.
- Participants will leave the workshop with a basic understanding of how ChatGPT can be used by SMEs, the benefits and limitations of using it, and practical knowledge for implementing and measuring its success in their own businesses.
This workshop session is FREE to attend but it is valued at £160 of State Aid support. State aid information is detailed in our T&Cs.
Date and Time:
Apr 26, 2023